Please don't run away
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
 
A book not to read
Ok, I'm not going to say "don't read this book." I'll just go with "don't read this book unless you like teenage romance novels combined with a bit of WWII historical detail and a lot of added fluff, where by fluff I mean over detailed description of every scene and a whole lot of plot that doesn't matter a bit to the book's core theme." The book is The Great Fire, and I read it for a book club I belong to. I actually love my book club - it forces me to make time to read, and we've read a lot of good ones. I guess they can't all be Middlesex or All Over Creation.

Comments:
Ah, sci-fi. Truely an art form. I've actually rented a few sci-fi audio books from my library for my commute. I just started to listen to The Experiment, though I don't remember the author's name.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger