Please don't run away
Saturday, September 11, 2004
 
Ian's very nice beer page


I might try beer brewing, if my wife will let me. My only previous try was something called beer-in-a-bag. You boil some water, add it to this large canvas bag, and hang it up somewhere. After a week or so it ferments, the bag becomes pressurized, and you have beer. Something went wrong with mine. I hung it in the kitchen, and after a few days it exploded. I mean exploded. We weren't home at the time, but that's what must have happened as much of the kitchen was coated in a syrupy goo.

Comments:
I'll have to look into my state's moonshine laws - that actually sounds like a more interesting explosion. Perhaps surprisingly, my hydrogen generator experiment went off without a hitch.
 
Yes, a wasted beer is a shame. An entire wasted bag of beer is worse.

I'm not sure what brand it was, and it apparently is no longer sold (wonder why?). Looks like the product that now falls into the easy-brew nitche is the Mr Beer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger