Please don't run away
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
 
Television
So nobody wants to comment on books? That's fair - it's hard to find time in our modern world for books. Most everyone watches television to some extent. The only show I'm into now (and have been since the beginning) is The Amazing Race. This season's a little dry, but I love the competition of these things. Travelling is one of the most difficult situations on a relationship, which makes this show great.

I know I've mentioned this somewhere else on the web, but I'll mention it again. My favorite reality show ever was Lost, which only lasted a season but was absolutely awesome. You take couples, drop them somewhere in the world, and have them find their way home. They first have to figure out where they are, then must beg, barrow, or steal ways to travel home. This was true reality tv. No plush hotels where you get 12 hours of rest time between days, no pre-paid for flights. They did give you money if you completed tasks, but not much. Great stuff. My favorite team was the two guys that just hung out and drank with a russian family until someone bought them plane tickets home. Those nice russians.

Comments:
And I'm sure your life is better for it. I have considered doing the same, but only back when I watched a lot of it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger