Please don't run away
Sunday, September 12, 2004
 
Tomatoes
Just wanted to post a note thanking the Fort Bragg Safeway. Good tomatoes are generally hard to find - grocery stores generally go for the picked green and artificially ripened type. The fresh, just picked tomatoes are only available at farmers' markets or from your own garden. This Safeway actually sold fresh-picked, heirloom tomatoes. Sure they were more expensive than the normal rubber, flavorless tomatoes, but I would have paid 5x the price they charged.

Comments:
Nice blog title.

Oh and don't eat the tomatoes. They're heirlooms.
 
Well I figured I needed such a name with blog postings about tomatoes. My aspiration is to have a life so interesting that I will need the blog title: Please stop staring.
 
Welcome, neighbor. I think that "next blog" thing changes all the time, but it's always nice to meet new people.
 
I feel ya on the "good tomatoes at any price" thing. I am always chester the molester in the produce section- grabbing, squeezing, sniffing. (Oh, my. Now I'm sorry I used that picture.) Fruits 'n' veggies are so innocent. I should just leave them alone.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger